More Covers: Staring At The Rude Boys


The other day I mentioned Lethal Bizzle's version of The Ruts' Babylon is Burning. While looking into Lethal B a little more I came across him making an appearance on another band's track, also a cover of The Ruts. The band is called Gallows, and they cover Staring at the Rude Boys. I was intrigued in their story, finding out that they were a hardcore band and also from England. The band does a cool version of the track. I also remember Dag Nasty covering it on the Field Day album. This has a tougher hooligan football sound, which could have lead to my appreciation for it. Either way, I love when young bands do interesting and new versions of great old bands. Its when they ruin it, that I have a problem. Anyway, you can check Lethal Bizzle's version on Babylon is Burning (The Ghetto) and Gallows' (which also features Lethal B) version of Staring at the Rude Bois (below)

MP3: Lethal Bizzle-Babylon is Burning The Ghetto
MP3: Gallows-Staring At The Rude Bois

No comments:

Post a Comment